Hi everyone, In this blog, I would like to share the advantages and health benefits of Ghee.
There are some misconceptions about the consumption of Ghee like, Ghee will cause weight gain, Ghee can cause Heart attack and strokes, People who are Lactose intolerant should not consume Ghee. But these are only myths without any proof.
Ghee: Ghee is made of heating liquid butter made from the milk of a cow or a buffalo. Ghee is used in Indian cooking
Benefits of Ghee
- Ghee is a calorie based food 100 ml of ghee gives as much as 883 calories of energy.
- Ghee is rich in vitamin A, vitamin E, and vitamin K if the source of ghee is the milk from grass-fed cows. It also contains butyric acid.
- Consuming ghee helps the digestive system function and reduces the chances of ulcers and cancer.
- Ghee one of the safest dermatological cosmetics. It helps to treat burns.
- Ghee is rich in Vitamin K, which helps in calcium absorption. It helps in the prevention of tooth decay and also strengthens bones.
- Ghee acts like an appetizer to both kids and adults. That is the reason why ghee is added to food.
- Ghee which is made of cow’s milk is said to be extremely powerful in giving soft and supple skin. It is suitable for all skin types and also helps in the hydration of skin cells.
- Fatty acids like Omega 3 and Omega 6 are present in ghee which helps to reduce the body fat, Essential fatty acids that present in the Ghee helps to reduce the belly fat.
- According to Ayurveda, Consuming Ghee early in the morning improves the process of cell rejuvenation which helps in the healing process of the body.
- Ghee and milk together give the best effective remedy for constipation, If anyone is suffering from constipation then take 1-2 tablespoons of ghee with one glass of hot milk before going to bed is effective.
Preparation of Ghee
- Take 2-3 cups of cream and 1 cup of curd.
- Add one cup of cool water to the mixture and blend it until butter and buttermilk become separate.
- Take butter and wash 2-3 times and heat it in a pan
- When the butter starts boiling stir it occasionally. The liquid portion will gradually evaporate and the milk solid remains bottom of the pan.
- The remaining gold yellow liquid is Ghee. Filter the Ghee to remove excess milk solids.
- Store it in a closed container when it becomes cool.